I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, July 14, 2006

My Dearest Sara

I love her, I love her, I love her.

Even though I hate all the bull surrounding getting her up and running.

I went to the Rogers kiosk in City Centre today to get a sim card, since none of the Digital Comm. stores will sell a sim card that isn't activated yet. And customer care won't set me up an account without a sim card. And all of the stores are apprehensive (to say the least) about going along with my idea about a month-to-month plan and are putting up roadblocks left, right and centre to put me off the idea.

This kiosk would sell me a sim card. That was good. Except she figured she may as well set me up with a plan as well. Not what I wanted, but she did it. I figured they just took ID to sell sim cards. I'm naive like that.

She went through everything and then turned to me and asked, "Did you used to have an account with us?".

"Years and Years ago", I replied, surprised they still had the information on file.

And then she proceeds to mention that I still have an outstanding balance on my account, because APPARENTLY they didn't ever apply the $200 fee I paid to cancel my contract back in the day in Jasper.

This was almost 5 years ago. I don't have paperwork from 2 years ago, much less from a time when I moved every 6 months. So if I go through Rogers, I'm screwed.

Also funny since I certainly don't see anything from Rogers on my credit bureau, so it's obviously their screw up, but how do I prove it?

My only option now is to get her unlocked and then set up my service through Fido, which is the other GSM network in the area. This is fine, since Fido is cheaper and they have no problems putting me on a m-2-m plan, but I need to find someone who can unlock BlackBerries. Every Tom, Dick and Harry can unlock your basic Motorola or Nokia, it seems. My baby is a little more difficult.

So here I am, taking it one step at a time, hoping like hell I have her up next week sometime.

I bought tickets for the Ride all Day deal at Capital Ex for Mr. Roberts and I. Yay! Rides!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home