I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Lost Connections

In the past week, I have now reconnected with 2 people from my childhood.

A few days ago, my best friend when I was 10, contacted me on MySpace after she ran across my brother's profile. She's married and a mom with 2 kids now.

We've been having an absolute blast reminiscing about our childhoods and catching up on things.

And then today I got an email from one of my best friends in Kindergarten, Melissa after she ran across my 'I Miss Kindergarten' post of a few days ago.

I love reconnections. I just wish Mr. Roberts was having an easier time with his. He found a friend of his from childhood, who's now gone MIA after all the hard work it took to find him.

And I also wonder.. where did Michelle and Tyler, two of my former coworkers from the Atha-B in Jasper end up? Michelle was this bubbly little dancing queen from the Vancouver area, and she pulled a disappearing act one day when she was supposed to be at work. I saw her a few days later, but a few days after that, someone told me she'd left Jasper. And Tyler was from New Brunswick, and he left under pretty much the same circumstances. Buddy.. you slayed the dead mouse in my apartment for me.. I owe ya one!

And Don Narine.. man, I'm sorry we fell out. I acted like a bitch to you, and I'm really sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

Yeah...sometimes it seems like a small world, but then other times you can just sit back and try hopelessly to think of ALL the people you've lost touch with. And we're not even that old.

Monday, July 17, 2006 at 9:57:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home