I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I'm feeling HOT HOT HOT

And not that fun kind where everyone is craving my fine ass, either.

I was uber bored this morning. Rossy was bailing to go watch the Our Lady Peace concert, Corey was laying in bed naked with the fan turned on him, Wayne's still 3 days away from coming, and nothing else sounded appealing. So I decided to go get milk and cigarettes. And ice cream. And dog and cat food. And salad stuff. And wine.

So what the hell, I'll throw Summer's backpack on her, mine on me and wander 14 blocks down to Safeway which is in the same lot as Pet Planet and Liquor Planet (it's a fun galaxy!).

Summer came into Pet Planet with me. Got rubbed down, a big bowl of water and a big meaty beef bone to take home, as well as her favorite food in the entire world, Evo.

My dog is a yuppie, and she demands the best. I on the other hand, am more inclined to wait until my pocketbook stop shrieking in pain and only dole out the $40 it costs when I can. Most of the time she just eats Pedigree, and that we can (just barely) agree on.

She's a little heartbreaker, she is. I went into Safeway, and left her to guard her dog food, figuring no one but the most dog crazed knows that Evo is one of the most expensive foods on the market, and I'm inclined to trust the dog crazed.

I come back and she has a swarm of admirers standing around her. At first glance, I thought she'd collapsed in the heat, but once I got around the crowd, saw her winning them with her biggest husky grin and those big blue eyes.

I dropped the rest of my groceries, told her to stay and watch (not that I truly think she'd stop anyone who tried to steal my sorbet or shower gel, but this whole city acclimatization thing is still a gradual process) and went to get some alcohol for the liquor store.

She even allowed me 20 minutes to select a red wine that I didn't feel would be too dry (we're having a get together tonight, I figured wine would be a nice thing to drink), and then I called a cab to haul us and all my purchases home.

And she won over the cab driver on the way home, while she grinned and thanked him (ie. licked his ear) for getting her out of the heat.

It's beautiful, but does it need to be so damn hot?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home