I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day!

We raised our glasses and toasted to our wonderful nation's birthday at 3 this morning around the fire. Tradition, of course, being that we drink and have a fire whenever Corey meets a new one.









He's a crazy hand talker.. he got relegated to the Dora the Explorer Sippy Cup.

I attempted to stay curled up in bed, sleeping off the exhaustion of staying up until 5 playing 'Name that Tune', but Shane took the ice cream suggestion quite seriously and called at 10:30 to arrange plans.

He, Rossy and I spent most of the afternoon at the mall, while I took advantage of the 1% decrease in GST and finished buying mom her birthday presents. Corey is heading back to Dodge this weekend to drop off the new truck his mom bought, and as much as I'd like to go, I can't afford more time off. I just figured sending the presents with him tonight would be more cost effective than sending them by Canada Post. They'd get there quicker, too.

Rossy and I spent the rest of the afternoon sunning ourselves in the park.

He pointed something out to me that I'd never noticed before. Lay on your back and stare at the sky on a warm, clear day. At first the sky seems completely empty and devoid, a great expanse of blue with a bright, warm star shining down from it. Look harder.

Way, Way up there, to the point where the bare eye can't see anything, there are dozens and dozens of birds hovering and playing air tag.

Laugh if you must, but seeing this gave me a great sense of peace. Everyone should make it a point to stop their busy lives and look harder to see things that aren't always clear at first.

The fireworks display is in 2 hours. Rossy is getting ready and then we're heading down to meet Shane and his buddies by the High Level bridge to partake.

I wish there were a certain someone here to watch fireworks with. I miss you, certain someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home