I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Get on it!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am the bloody queen of procrastination.

I got my invite to Nana's birthday in February and put it off, put it off, put it off. Until my aunt told me the deadline for RSVP-ing was June 9th. And then I worried about how I could go without actually doing anything about it. Y'know that 90's Baz Luhrmann song where he says 'Know that Worrying is effective as chewing bubble gum to solve an algebra equation'? Yeah, well I just didn't do algebra, period.

June 9th passed and still my aunt asked if I was coming.

Her: "We never really got a response about whether or not you're coming.."

Me: "Ummmm"

Her: "Nana would really like you to be there"


And my Mom.

"Y'know, you are the oldest grandchild, Nana would really like it if you came."

And the guilt trips began.

"It's her 75th, Bridgit!"

"She wants all her kids and grandkids there"

"Do you want to lose your inheritance?"

Right. Well the last one wasn't so much said as intended. Not that I really care or anything. Nana knows the only thing I want from her would cost me about $60 on Ancestry.com, or the Purple Heart my grandfather got which my former naval officer Aunt will never relinquish anyway, so I don't really think opting out would affect that, but I do understand that it's important.

So here I am, just under a month from when I'm supposed to go, panicking because the Airmiles website is down and I can't find out how many miles I'd need for a flight from Edmonton to Kelowna, and more worried than anything because I (AGAIN!) forgot to ask in advance for time off.

So Annette and I sat down to talk about the benefits I'll get with the new position today and she mentions I have a few days of paid vacation time left(next year I get 3 weeks!). What apt timing she has!

So as it turns out, I can take a few days off surrounding that weekend, and perhaps some really super sweet guy I know wasn't too tired to remember he said he'd drop me by there on his way to the coast? Perhaps? :)

And maybe he's right. Maybe I don't have bad luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quirky Cori said...

honestly bridgit, I missed my grandma's 75th birthday party and it killed me. I had to go and move to another province and stuff so I wasn't able to be there. Everyone asked where I was and I got razzed about it for years later that I wasn't there.

You should go and enjoy your grandma. Hate to say it, but we never know how much time you get left.

Friday, July 14, 2006 at 3:02:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home