I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Efforts at Staying Cool

Well, day 1 of my 4 day weekend went off without a hitch, despite getting a phonecall at 2 this morning from a very drunk guy I used to talk to who wanted to reconnect.

Reconnect, fine, whatever, do whatever floats your boat, but 2 in the morning is MY time with my bed and my pillow!

I actually woke up at 10 this morning, in spite of that. Spent a blissful morning talking to one of my favorite people, and then Rossy and I went to go pick up some groceries for me to make lasagna tonight.

I've been talking about getting a free standing hammock for a very long time so I caved and I bought one today. Rossy set it up while I made supper.

Ryan came over to visit this afternoon. Ross' friend, Carl was over visiting him, and we all went swimming at the Outdoor pool a few blocks from here.

I had a blast playing in the water and cooling off. I can only assume they all had fun, in spite of the scratches both Rossy and Ryan have from me tackling them and riding on their shoulders during our volleyball/keep-away game. I'm competitive, and I'm a girl, so it's only fair that I fight dirty.

Carl snapped the above picture when Rossy and I were trying to dump my $2.25 bottle of water over each other. This is how the cool people spend a hot Saturday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home