I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Day of Childlike Joy

Mostly mine, but Mr. Roberts was nice enough to stomach a ride on the Tilt-a-Whirl with me when we first got there.

More food/junk than you can imagine. I love fair fare! Corn Dogs, Funnel Cakes, Cotton Candy, Pizza, Sausages, Foot Long Hot Dogs.. and we sampled most of it. Probably a large amount of the reason that he and I rapidly went through the $200 we had combined.. and that didn't include rides since I bought the passes weeks ago.

And the games. He spent at least $50 trying to win a minibike, while I probably spent the equivalent to get my 3 stuffed dogs: Nose, Pepe and Winter (that's Nose pictured.. I asked Wayne to name him by giving the first word that popped into his head, and apparently my nose was the only thing he could focus on).

He talked me into going on the Ferris Wheel with him.

I warned him, but he still laughed when I breathed my shallow breaths and held onto the metal pole with white knuckles.

It was kind of neat to look down and see the entire fair. Was a really nice view. But they stopped us at the top like they always do when I'm on it, and I couldn't help but think I was going to be another Ferris Wheel Casualty like this one. I may not be 6, but I'm just as likely to panic.

I did snap a few pictures while up there, though. Very tentatively. No.sudden.movements.

I figured that was the least I could do for upsetting his stomach 10 minutes into being there.

We also hit the bumper cars up. Terrific timing.. 10 minutes after we got to the line, we were at the head and about 150 people were lining up behind us. The rest of the afternoon went much the same way, we only really managed to go on one other ride and it was a 45 minute lineup for a 4 minute ride. It's hard to maintain childlike enthusiasm when you're in line for the majority of an hour with little kids (we were in lineup for the Crazy Mouse.. the sissy rollercoaster, decided mutually to be just our speed).

And for 1/2 an hour we watched the Flow RIDERS do their thing at the Ex Zone.. words can't summarize how amazing those guys are with their bikes, so I have pictures to do the job instead. Unfortunately, blogger is being a P.O.S. currently and won't allow me to upload them, so I'll have to do it once I'm more drunk and less frustrated. Namely tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home