I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

CrackBerry!

*evil laugh*

Well, weeks ago, Brandon mentioned to Corey that he wanted to sell the BlackBerry 7290 that he had just bought in favor of a traditional phone-style phone. I'm still not sure how he managed to get so pressured about upgrading to the grandaddy of handheld devices instead of buying a SLVR like he intended to get (RAZR's are so 6 months ago, y'all), but he did. And then promptly wanted to sell it because it was too hard to learn.

Anyway, I was drunk and when Corey called to ask how badly I wanted a BlackBerry (I thought he was just rubbing it in, much like he and Mr. Roberts both did when they bought one after me drooling over them in my cashless state), I replied that I was a step down from selling my soul to the devil as long as the price was right.

Well, the price I named that night wasn't enough to appease Brandon and he went searching elsewhere, hoping someone may be as obsessed as me but with more spare cash.

I offered him another $20 to sweeten the deal, knowing it was more than he'd bought it for, and also well aware that he'll basically be reimbursed the purchase price in the amazing warranties RIM offers with these joyous little things, but figuring it's still an easy $200 under the retail price for me to buy the hardware outright, since this is my intention anyway.

Whoo.. runon sentence, can you tell I'm excited.

So, yesterday Corey calls to ask if I still want the BlackBerry. I knew holding firm on my price would work, since Corey informed me that Brandon was indeed, desperate for cash, and had no reason to hold onto it. So I did, I held firm, and Corey informed me today that Brandon will sell it for the $200.

I don't get my sim card until Saturday, when I can make a run to a Rogers store to get one, but I'm beyond psyched.

I wanted to buy it outright, because I know how much the voice and data plans on these babies can run, and I want to make sure I can afford it before I commit to anything, but feel the excitement!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home