I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Auspices and Omens

I'm walking to the store a few minutes ago, strong wind blowing through the trees, dark clouds blanketing the sky and I get this sudden gut feeling that something bad is going to happen.

I look up at the sky and see a single magpie circle above me and rest in a spruce tree.

Sighting a single magpie is always unlucky, while seeing 2 is typically foretelling good luck to come.

I go to the end of the next block, and a black cat darts across the sidewalk and the street in front of me.

I got home, let Summer in, called Lincoln in from the yard and made sure the cat wasn't on the front porch.

I'm not taking any chances.

---

Edit: As soon as I clicked 'Publish Post' on this entry, my power went out. It just came back up now, 1/2 an hour later. I am crossing my fingers that was it for the bad luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home