I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Road Trips on the Worst of Terms

So Wayne and I are going to head back to the ol' stomping grounds tomorrow.

Mom and I have been having very awkward, disjointed conversations about Reba and when to put her to sleep over the past few weeks.

Last weekend I called her to tell her about the weekend's end results and after we hung up, she sent me a message on MSN to let me know Reba's getting worse daily.

Mr. Roberts, my knight in shining Superman boxers, offered to drive down this weekend so he can have a chance to get a few more things from his parents' basement and I can have the opportunity to say my goodbyes. Can I stress again how much this guy rocks my socks?

A dismal event to be sure, but I'm fairly excited about getting a grasp on my roots again (every 6 months or so I feel them slipping out on my grasp and I need to feel re-rooted).

But this weekend is about my baby girl..



The one with her tongue hanging out..

2 Comments:

Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

Roots? ....in Dawson/Tomslake? I think I've lost almost all touch with mine.

Damn mean friends left there.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 10:56:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger breepeace said...

Roots have nothing to do with my friends..

Roots are about your family and the place that you feel you're 'from'.

I'm not from Dawson. I'm from an acreage 35 minutes southeast of it.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 11:18:00 AM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home