I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

I Love a Parade

Rossy and I took off early this afternoon to go tanning and then head downtown for Edmonton's annual (Gay) Pride Parade.

We thought we were going to miss it since the Westend's own Barrel Taxi was being horribly slow for their ETA and the bus was due to arrive at our stop approximately 4 minutes before the parade was scheduled to begin.

Happily the bus got downtown just as the parade was starting and we ran across Jasper to join Tyler and Kirsten just opposite my bank. We had a great time, the floats and people were hilarious and we had a fun time picking out people that, a) Corey had slept with, b) Ross had hung out with, or c) were dumbass Dade, who I think I forgot to mention I kicked out almost 2 months ago now.

There was a dance squad performing in the parade and who should be marching in the back but the little guy I saw at The Roost one night grooving to the ellusive dance song that's again stuck in my head. I still have a dumb crush on him. And the dreamy bartender from Buddy's (see below.. black pants). Why are gay men so cute?

We went down to Churchill with the crowd once it was all done, and wandered around looking at booths. I met Edmonton's mayor, Stephen Mandell, in a little cafe just off Churchill while waiting for my Chai to get finished and Rossy to get out of the little boy's room and then we walked over to the beer gardens to hang out with some people we knew. I thought nothing of lighting up a cigarette to accompany my beer when some guy tapped me on the shoulder from over the fence and informed me that by the new (nazi-like) bylaws I was actually doing something very illegal. Thankfully the security people didn't care much and the 'real' police were standing by the beer tent and nowhere near me, but I kind of got a thrill out of doing something remotely illegal. If I'd have been fined it may have been a different story, but I get my kicks however I can, nowadays.

Tyler and Kirsten hung out with a bunch of like people just outside and then disappeared after a bit.

After a few drinks and some pizza, Rossy and I headed back to the Westend and we've decided to have a night in with some deep fried dim sum and chick flicks. Sounds like heaven.

All in all.. I've never seen as many rainbows, chihuahuas and false eyelashes as I did today. And I read the Paris Hilton book last week.

Here's the rest of the pics:





(Look close.. Dade's the one on the left holding the flag with the purple hair)























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home