I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Hockey Mania

Well folks.. here it is -- Game 7.

E-town is in full hockey spirit. Horns are going off everywhere, people wearing jerseys in the hot sun.. it's a weird sort of comradery, this hockey stuff is.

Two little boys were holding up a small handmade sign proclaiming 'Go Oilers!' on Stony Plain Road when I was going to drop my movie off at Rogers. They were getting a lacklustre response of about one in every 20 cars honking for it. I headed to the Dollar Store, grabbed a piece of bristol board and some markers and went back to them. They happily set to work making a new (larger!) sign and I'm sure they're near deafened by now.

Will I watch the game? Maybe. Do I hope they win? They'd better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home