I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

The haze surrounding the city in light of the Oilers loss last night feels almost tangible. People aren't smiling anymore, tempers seem short and even the sun isn't shining like it did yesterday.

We took down our decorations at the bank today. Streamers, banners and flags in orange and blue. The assistant manager, Rita sat at her desk with some balloons and a pin, and popped them with a zeal I haven't seen since childhood birthdays. I stared at her while I was filling out a bank draft and she gave me a small, sad smile.

See? Hockey fans are nuts.

I think I ought to work in my yard. People threatened me with supposed forecasts of rain today. I don't see rain, but I do see storm clouds on the horizon.

I painted my bathroom on Sunday. Tomorrow I think I'll do my bedroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home