I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Blondes don't REALLY have fun

I did something really, really, REALLY stupid this afternoon.

I got off the 125 at Westmount to pop by the library and pick up the books I had reserved there .. all 16 of them. This is why people should engage me in conversation on MSN late at night instead of allowing me to randomly order books on the library's website.

The library is on the far side of Westmount mall, and about 2 blocks away from the actual Westmount transit centre, so I hiked it as fast as I could, hauling 50 lbs worth of literature in a 30ยข Edmonton Public Library bag that kept threatening to tear. I saw the number 125 flashing on the bus directly in my line of sight and prayed it wouldn't take off before I made it.

I just made it, got on, settled down and started reading the book I was the most excited about. The bus pulled away. Went to the end of the street. And turned back towards downtown.

I got on the wrong bus.

I didn't just move to this area -- I've been here for 2 years, and yet I failed to recognize that the bus I was getting onto was the bus that took me to work, and not home.

I pulled the cord, and the bus dropped me off a block and a half on the OTHER side of the mall. I walked back, and evidently the big guy in the sky took pity on my today, and sent the RIGHT BUS to pick me up just as I got to the stop.

At least I come by these highlights naturally.

Oh.. and I made Onye a page, too. Except the people on Catster are obviously insane, while the people on Dogster are kindred spirits and obviously just really, really love their dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home