I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Save the Last Dance for Satan

As I mentioned, the boys and I went to see The Da Vinci Code on Friday night, and I always really look forward to the previews about up and coming movies to see if there's something I would really enjoy going to see. Since I watch less than 3 hours of TV in a week and never catch any trailers on there, it's like my only chance.

I'm disappointed. It seems like there's just a bunch of crap on the way..

I was kind of grooving on the preview for this one movie about 9/11, since I'll inevitably cry and Nicholas Cage stars in it, and by the end it seemed like almost every other movie out there about it. To boot, they called the movie "World Trade Center" and I think if they couldn't take the time to come up with a less obvious and more dramatic title, then the rest of the movie's probably pretty obvious, too.

Remember that 80's cop show, Miami Vice?

They're making it a movie, and they just happened to pull two of the 'IT-est' bad boys to play Sonny Crockett and Rico Tubbs.. Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell. I despise Colin Farrell.. don't think he can act his way out of a bag. They almost would have been better to bring Don Johnson back out of the vault.. he was cool.

Yeah, it might be good. Might. I think not.

They're also remaking the 1976 classis horror movie, "The Omen".. Julia Stiles plays Damien's mother, and comes across as a pouting child bride. It's like she tried so hard not to be typecast that she ended up getting MIS-cast. The new Damien just looks like a spoiled, big headed kid with a bowl shaped haircut.. 1976 Damien would kick his ass. Liev Schreiber is a few years younger than Julia's father, I'm sure, and would be better cast as her doting uncle than her husband. If there's a sex scene between him and Julia, some extremely oedipal feelings are going to root, I'm sure.

The only character that strikes me as being particularly good for the role thus far is Pete Postlethwaite who plays Father Brennan, and who will always be Father Laurence in Romeo + Juliet, to me.

So why would they remake this horror so badly? Well, they're releasing it on June 6, 2006. Get it? 06, 06, 06?

With an 'ingenious' release date tying into the theme of the movie, who cares if they just happened to grab the only actors available near the set to slap together this remake?

Ha!

I'll be catching up on a whole lot of reading this summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home