I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Poseidon

Corey and I decided to catch a movie last night, and since Poseidon was at the IMAX and started in 20 minutes we opted to go see it.

While I'll compare it to Armageddon and Titanic, I'll still admit I gasped, winced, grabbed handfuls of popcorn to shove into my gaping muth and gave Corey's arm a death grip more than my fair share of times.

Besides the fact that Josh Lucas looks like a better looking version of Matthew McConaughey so is very watchable when drenched to the bone (as he is almost the entire movie), I've always loved Richard Dreyfuss (and not just because we share a birthday) and enjoyed the highly compassionate, just-left-by-lover gay character he played. Kurt Russell's not my favorite actor, and I thought he made a lot of the dialogue seem too heavy, but altogether, if you can see it on IMAX it's worth it.

I don't work today, so was up late last night chatting and then reading "A Million Little Pieces", which is highly overhyped and hard to get really into when you realize most of the details are fabricated. Keep in mind this is coming from the girl who usually enjoys hypey books. Read it only to say you have at dinner parties and social obligations.

Got involved in a little late night Olympics with my next door neighbour's cat who somehow got into my house. He's a big black Tom that continually picks on Onye, and bit himself off more than he could chew last night.

My two hounds were extra brave, barking from 10 feet away while I tried to pry him off a rafter in the laundry room outfitted in snowboarding gloves and a winter jacket (did I mention it was pissed by the time I discovered him?)... And I wondered what Summer was barking at downstairs all night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home