I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, May 15, 2006

McMakeover

I heard the funniest thing today.. apparently McDonalds is changing their look to remain true to their 'forever young' branding.

They're adding muted more neutral colors to their scheme, as well as seperate dining areas and 'linger zones' for the younger, hipper crowd complete with a cafe look, loungy chairs and modern music.

The poor franchise owners are basically going to have to shell out between 300 and 400K to get these questionable upgrades, which is essentially equal to one restaurant's yearly profits and if they decide to veto the idea, McDonalds can decide to veto their contract.

Corey and I had a good laugh about this.. it's too sad. You go to McDonalds to clog your arteries with questionable meat products and to get eats when you're pissed out of your tree after a night of clubbing. It's not a high end steak house. What's next? Alcohol on the menu? McRye and Coke, anyone?

4 Comments:

Blogger Quirky Cori said...

I had the same reaction to the knews. I was surprised by their pictures of what it will look like. I mean, they want us to get away from being couch potatoes and they are jazzing up the menu with salads and stuff, but decide in the new "look" of McDonald's that they need to have all sorts of couches and coffee tables and stuff. That'll be really comfortable eating at!

As for changing the roof to this stupid swish idea, I think that McDonald's will forever lose their brand look. It's a sad day for McDonald's.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 4:56:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Quirky Cori said...

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/05/mcdonalds/index_01.htm?campaign_id=aol_mcd

Go there and check it out. There's a bunch of photos and the story. It's insane!

(I should've added this to my beefs!)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 5:07:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

Yeah right...I'm still not really gonna go to McDonald's. All the fancy furniture in the world won't make the food more healthy.

Friday, May 19, 2006 at 11:28:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

All the fancy furniture in the world won't make the food healthier.

I still won't go.

Friday, May 19, 2006 at 11:31:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home