I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Lovely Bones

I just finished reading one of the most compelling novels I've ever set my hands on. I started reading it yesterday morning, and actually found myself upset at the thought of putting it down when my lunch break was over.

The book is 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold, and has met with much critical acclaim over the past few years since it was released. It's obvious to see why.

The author has this incredible ability to capture both the ordinary and the extraordinary in the most honest and lyrical prose I've ever read.

Apparently a movie is in the works, which I'm torn about. This was one of the most beautiful pieces of literature I've ever read (it reminds me of how I felt as a child about 'Where the Red Fern Grows', which is still one of my favorite books), and I can't have it tarnished.

Has anyone else ever read a book like this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home