I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Joy of Dog Shows

After what seemed like an eternity, I have a clean puppy to show this weekend. The past few weeks he's been happily digging in the garden (brown paws.. potting soil), playing in Steve's junk pile (under a big Spruce tree.. pitch), bugging the hell out of Summer (she's a bitch... missing hair on his chest) and lounging in the sun (Agh.. beautiful black coat.. slightly red now).

I lathered him up 3 times, went to work on the crap stuck in his coat while he cried and cried and tried to throw himself off the table and to his death with the grooming noose still attached.

I coerced him to stand still, lost my temper and was drenched a few times by impromptu shakes.

Finally got him clean, lathered on a generous dab of conditioner, rinsed him one last time, and then got to work towel drying while Steve yacked at me across the fence.

Once I'd got through 3 towels, I grabbed my forced air blower and got to work drying him.

Of course one of the two kids happily went to town chewing up the nozzle and hose on it, so now it blows at about 1/2 strength and my arms is always nice and warm.

I shall have to invest in another.. ingenious invention that it is. The only downfall is that by holding the hose it becomes really difficult to linebrush. Especially when the subject dog seems to think he's doomed because he's being forced to lie down.

I've also lost most of it's original attachments, so after the bext big doggie purchase (big crate for Lincoln.. he dwarfs his.. big dog), I'll have to put my many, many penny rolls to use to and order a new one.

So the happy result...



One pissed off (but really sweet smelling) Siberian Husky puppy.

Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home