I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

Slurry is out re-enacting last night with his big sis, Hilary at The Roost tonight, and Corey is struggling with love in Cowtown, so I'm home alone. Which means I can listen to my 5 guilty pleasure songs OVER AND OVER AND OVER without anyone rolling their eyes at me...

In no particular order.. go download:

Hips Don't Lie - Shakira feat. Wyclef Jean
Was the 'Cinco de Mayo' yesterday, took a miss on Marg night.. but still.. needed a little latinoid flava, yknowwhati'msaying?

Rebellion (Lies) - The Arcade Fire
This song gets stuck in my head worse than that 'Tomorrow' song from 'Annie'.. and I sang that just about verbatim last night for Corey ("Bet your bottom dollar, that TOMORROW, there'll be Sun".. guess I was overly optimistic in light of the gray day we actually had) despite the fact that I haven't seen that movie since I was about 6.

Save the Best for Last - Vanessa Williams
This song I blame on Corina.. when we started talking about weddings a few days back, and in particular hers, I got in this overly sappy mood where I just played this over and over. This mood is going on 4 days running now. Yeah, if I ever get hitched, inevitably I'm going to pester the DJ to play this.

Hardcore Days and Softcore Nights - Aqueduct
Yeah.. of course I've mentioned this before on the Soundtrack of my Life post... don't ask. I just can't not move my head to it.

Damn, it Feels Good to be a Gangsta - Geto Boys
An 'Office Space' familiar.. Peter walks around the office creating small acts of vandalism to this tune. It's guilty in that it sort of makes me feel like David Herman's character (*small giggle*) Michael Bolton rapping in his car, and then slowly turning down the volume as a black man walks by.

If anybody black ever heard me listening to this, I'd be embarrased and wouldn't leave my hole for a month or more. When I'm alone.. I'll pretend to rap along.

Although, I really do recommend that aforementioned Newton tune. It hasn't failed to make me smile all night.

Go ahead.. roll your eyes. Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home