I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A good date is worth at least 277 words

I've been slacking the past few days, but the weather's been crappy so it's left me in a perpetually crappy mood. Except for yesterday.

Not that yesterday started off spectacularly well or anything. At the crack of dawn, or 8:30 (I really can't remember) the phone calls start ringing in. For Corey.. he owes money. I know this only because I glared at the 'Unknown Name, Unknown Number' listing on my caller ID while it rang and finally succumbed and checked the messages 15 minutes after they came in when it became apparent I was NOT going back to sleep and no amount of flipping through 'Shadow of the Dolls' was going to convince my body it was still bedtime.

4 hours of staring at the computer screen did, however, so I layed back down in bed to read a bit waiting for Rossy to finish in the shower. My eyes closed and the next thing I knew it was 5 in the afternoon, I was still unshowered and I had a date scheduled for early afternoon.

Obviously early afternoon was going to have to take a miss, so I pulled myself out of bed, sent him a message asking if we were still on, and we were.

I showered, dressed and then waited for him to get here.

The guy's name is Eric, and we spent a good 2-3 hours on the phone the night before just talking about random things. He told me a dating horror story I'll never be able to compete with, and I knew that if he put up with that, he was bound to be a nice guy.

He was. We went out for a drink, and then drove around the city aimlessly for a few hours, until it occured to the both of us that we were hungry and he had strategically placed himself near a Denny's downtown.

We pulled into the parking lot and he exclaims, 'Hey.. there's my friend Jen!', so we pull in and he walks over to her SUV to say hi. It turns out, she's talking with her ex boyfriend, who is abusive and more than a little trouble, but also who she had professed not to be seeing since they broke up at New Years.

Yep. Awkward.

We ended up heading back to the Westend and hitting up the Denny's off Stony Plain Rd. where I made him order my 'Moons Over My Hammy' (honestly.. can anyone say it with a straight face?) and we just talked for another hour.

He's off to the rigs for a 2 week hitch starting Thursday, but yeah.. it feels good to be back in the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home