I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, May 12, 2006

For once...

Friday didn't suck.

I had a nice lowkey day at work.. everything went well, the day went by quickly and cashout was smooth as it should be.

After work, I was outside waiting to catch a bus, and who do I see walking by but a crush of mine from high school, James.

I called his name, and he recognized me immediately, and came over and chatted for a bit. I missed my bus, while chatting, but it was really nice to see him since it's been ages since we stayed up until the wee hours chatting on the phone.

At one point in the conversation, he looked at the ring I wear on a certain finger to ward off unwanted advances at work and made a comment. I made an utter fool out of myself trying to explain that it was NOT an engagement ring, but I think I failed and made myself look like a future infidelity risk to some faceless guy in front of him.

Regardless, it WAS really nice to see him, and see that he's doing so well for himself (he just finished his engineering degree at NAIT).

I went and picked up my income taxes (which after 2 agonizing days were FINALLY done!), and while waiting for a bus was intrigued by signs for a big sale at a vacuum cleaner store behind me. I'm not in the market for a vacuum, but if they carried steam cleaners, we were in business in light of the fiasco I had to deal with earlier in the week in order to rent one.

$200 later, I became the proud new owner of a Bissell PROheat 2X (unfortch, the SpotBot doesn't come out until June sometime, so I've had to put that idea on the backburner) and I feel so grown up buying appliances for myself now instead of borrowing them from people.

Guess what the plan is tonight?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home