I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Cookie, Cookie, Walk, Walk, Cookie, Cookie

I'm losing my mind. Utterly and completely losing it.

Rossy is in GP for his friend's grad and Corey has a new boy du jour so I'm stuck with myself and my animals for company.

I caught myself 5 minutes ago happily chattering away about everything and nothing to Summer while I was buttering a bun and pouring cereal for supper (another thing about being alone... anything can be supper!) and it occurred to me... She's not happy because she totally gets where you're coming from... she's happy because you're talking, and because you're not saying things like "Get out of the kitty litter box!" and "Stop peeing on the rug!".

I felt really self centered for a minute, I mean, I've just engaged her in this long conversation about everything making me happy and didn't give one thought as to what makes her happy. So I ammended my ways, started chirping the words 'Cookie' and 'Walk' in varying pitches and watched the tail start wagging.

One minute later she walked into the living room, hopped onto the couch and went to sleep, obviously bored with the conversation.

I guess that's what I get for trying to think of others for once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home