I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, April 28, 2006

WTF is TGIF?

Lately Fridays and Mondays seem pretty interchangable to me. The term 'TGIF' only applies in that I can't wait to be home and feel like nothing is expected of me anymore.

Our computer system.. in it's entirety, went down at about 1/2 past 3 today. Well, all except mine and the new girl, Naomi's. So for the last half hour that the branch was open (as well as an extended period after branch hours) her and I feverishly deposited cheques and cash into accounts, sent wires, checked balances and withdrew money. At that point, all of our coworkers were doing all they could do (chatting with clients), and I prayed and prayed that tonight I would balance. Wonder of wonders, most people angrily left after waiting for so long, and I did balance. Naomi's system went down just prior to this, so I was the only one tonight.

I felt horrible leaving all of my coworkers to their manual balancing misery at 10 after 5, but I really needed to have a cigarette.

Tonight I want to get drunk. So drunk I can't feel feelings anymore. So drunk that I don't know the meaning of responsibility or any indication of what it might mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home