I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Worst.Night.Ever

So the guy from Tuesday that I was so happy to be getting to know turned out to be a total wacko.

He'd mentioned wanting to get together and have a movie night on Friday when we got together earlier in the week, so my Friday was filled with anticipation that it would be as good as Tuesday was.

Sadly.. I was to be disappointed.

I waited for HOURS for him to call me last night, but finally I just ended up calling him to find out where things were at. He was at a pub in LaPerle with some work buddies, and said he'd finish his brew, say his goodbyes and be on his way in 10.

45 minutes later, he calls to clarify what my address was.

He pulls up in front of my house, comes in, make conversation with the guys and we leave, heading down to Cook County on Whyte to celebrate his friend Amanda's b-day.

We stood in line at Cook for about 45 to an hour minutes and moved a grand total of 10 feet. Finally Amanda relented to letting us leave if we gave her and her boyfriend, Kevin, a ride home.

When we got back to his place, it was after midnight. He had to work at 8 in the morning so watching a movie was out of the question, but we watched a bit of TV and then cuddled.

As we lay there quietly, thoughts started running through my head.

This guy has a daughter who is the most important person in the world to him. I have 2 dogs that he is allergic to. This guy is particular to the point of being close-minded about what he DOES NOT want in a woman, and I'm the same way, except I can't agree with anything he's particular about.

We chatted for a bit, and 2 things he said really set me off.

When I brought up the fact that my dogs and his allergies was a big fear of mine, he said, "It's ok, just clean your place really good before I get there and then keep the dogs outside".

No dice, buddy. Those dogs are like my kids, and if you had your daughter over and she started crying, would I ask you to put her in another room so I wouldn't get a headache?

I never admitted it to him, but the fact that he has a 6 month old daughter does bug me. And rightfully so. I've done this whole baggage issue before, and I'm entirely too outspoken to hide the fact that sometimes I really can't handle kids.

As we talked, he got more and more pissed off. Finally I just put my jacket on and asked him if he wouldn't mind if I called a cab and went home.

Of course, by this point, it's 2 in the morning on a Friday night, so EVERYONE is calling a cab to get home from the bar. I tried in vain for over 1/2 an hour to get through, and when I finally did, waited for another 1/2 an hour for it to arrive.

Meanwhile.. he's still arguing with me about the same issues we've beat to death, and is now making personal potshots at me at my 'bad timing' in discussing said issues.

He tells me he's lost so much respect for me for this bad timing, and little does he know, the way he's dragging this on and on, and making me feel more and more desperate to get out of there, not only do I have zero respect left for him, but now I'm just scared.

The thing that scared me the most was I've been there. I saw the pain and disbelief in his eyes, and it took me back to a time not so long ago where I had the utmost hope in something panning out and found out the other person had too many doubts.

I think putting aside the jerk persona he was trying to pull, and the fact that I felt awkward and just really wanted to be away from him, I was hurt more than anything at hurting him.

I'm sorry I hurt him, and I'm sorry it went so badly. I never intended for it to work that way.

Never date a friend. Ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

Aww damn. But I usually end up making friends with someone before I get up to the task of asking them out.

I'm screwed. And not in a good way.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 at 11:48:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home