I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Pain =... Gain?

I got my navel pierced yesterday.

For the last hour of work yesterday, and the bus ride home I had myself psyched about it.

"Yeah.. I'm totally gonna get that done. Like tonight!"


Got home and let Rossy know of my plans, and he pulls up his shirt, points at the little scar above his bellybutton and says, "It hurts.. it's kind of like stepping on a rock with your stomach.. but it lasts longer".

Well.. like most people I'm not particularly fond of stepping on rocks for long periods of time, nor of pain itself so I vetoed the plan. Sorta.

I laid down on the floor for a bit and started doing my taxes, once I got to the end and realized I'd forgot to carry a sum, resulting in me supposedly getting $1600 back instead of $600, I gave up and the plan was forefront again.

Ross had to work at 9, so I estimated that if we grabbed the next bus, we'd have time to wander the mall looking for a piercing place that would still take an appointment before he had to jet to Hollister for his shift.

We got on the bus, went to Westmount, and realized that apparently Westmount is the transit station everyone forgot. We stood there for half an hour, and not one of the 6 buses to West Ed showed up in that time. We ended up catching our bus, back PAST our place again and going in the other direction. The entire time we just made fun of each other's clothes (his hat, my shoes) to keep my mind off of what a BAD idea this probably was.

We got to the mall, and I grasped at one last straw of hope to get me out of what I'd committed to getting done. What is no one would take another appointment? I mean.. then I wouldn't have a choice. I could just go to Suzy and buy a bunch more partially hemmed pants instead, right?

No chance.

First place we got to had an appointment in 15 minutes. The little chinese piercer came out, looked at me for a second and said, "You not eat in 2 hours? You go eat, you get sick if you not eat".

Great.. talk about skyrocketing confidence. I'm gonna get sick.

We go to the dollar store and a manage about 2 pieces of a chocolate bar and 2 cigarettes before my appointment.

Oh this is such a dumb idea.

She calls me into the room instructs me to lay down and pull my shirt way up so she can inspect it, swabs it, makes a mark and then clamps down on it.

"Ready? Here we.. "

And then it was over.. she puts the barbell into my newest hole, and I stand up to see a little scarlet jewel inside my bellybutton.

Well, geez.. that wasn't so bad.

I didn't even swear.

I could get that done like another 6 times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You forgot you are a woman, we are made to handle pain!

Friday, April 28, 2006 at 7:59:00 AM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home