I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Nightmares

I have a deep rooted fear of aggressive things much larger than me.

I'm starting to realize this after waking up in a cold sweat to my recent bout of nightmares all involving things of giant proportion. There seems to be a thought process involved with all of them, too.

I'm given a situation where I have things I'm responsible for taking care of, and in almost every dreamscape am forced to make a decision between the things and people I love in order to decide which is more important.

Last night's dream involved your basic giant, and me trying to keep both of my roommates, my younger brothers, my pets and myself all alive while we barricaded ourselves in the house.

In one particular image, we all assume that the coast is clear from the giant's destruction (Edmonton is a large city.. the giant can stride from 111th Ave to 107th Street in 2 steps.. we figure it's a safe assumption) and 3 of us (Ross, my youngest brother Garhett and I) all make a break to the grocery store to get things to sustain us. As we walk out of the store holding as much as we can carry, a large shadow passes over the parking lot which of course means he's back in the neighbourhood.

I know it all sounds hokey and a lot like a really bad B-rated movie, but it's a fear which is indicating a deeper issue. I think this means I need to do some soul searching and find out what the root of this is.

A dream interpretation website I stumbled across this morning indicates that dreaming of giants signifies a great struggle between you and your opponents or may be symbolic of an issue or feeling that is dominating me.

I guess that settles it. I've got issues.

Any amateur dream interpreters want to give this a try?

2 Comments:

Blogger Quirky Cori said...

After our conversation last night I clearly know that the giant is representing the issues that you are having with your dog and your challenge of finding a solution.

good luck with that.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 at 1:28:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

I have no serious idea.

hehe...maybe size DOES matter?

Monday, May 1, 2006 at 8:01:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home