I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Keep off the Grass


Rossy and I had a lovely day outside in the yard getting it all spruced up for summer. After the bit I did last week, I knew that raking, trimming and planting was inevitable and got down to it this morning after I took Corey grocery shopping.

Ross joined me shortly after, which made the workload a lot less and allowed us to rake and haul away the dead grass and other yard garbage in about an hour. We've both drawn the conclusion that we're still crazy farm kids when I set another controlled burn on the lawn to stop weed infestations and to give the soil some more much needed nitrogen. I understand it's not socially acceptable in a city Edmonton's size, but I figure since we were playing New Kids on the Block on the iPod and mini speakers while we were doing this, we're too far removed to care anyway.

He ended up making this great flatbread sandwich spread for lunch, and after that we just fooled around with the football and the dogs, who were ecstatic at all the attention and leftover food.

Summer almost seems less neurotic when I'm out in the yard with her. Now if I could only find a job that allows me to play in the yard on nice days, we'd be set.. she wouldn't be such a headcase and I wouldn't be so confused. Although we also laid down some concrete patio blocks that had been sitting in my yard since the beginning of time, so maybe it's time for me to go buy a dog run to place on top of the pad we created.


Of course the day wouldn't be complete without a bit of early day tippling, so we broke out the vanilla bacardi and discovered it takes awesome with raspberry iced tea. New cocktails rock!

It was an awesome mid-week day off and leaves me a lot more rested for my Friday. I get to look forward to my date with puppy man, Lachlan and his pager, since we've both now vetoed the pub crawl idea, and I still need to be MIA tomorrow lest Rick and Candi still try to convince me to come to the party that I believe is a front for them getting me drunk and into bed for a threesome. So we've decided that me and Linc coming over so he can play with Katie, and me and Lachlan can go be bums on the couch is the best plan of action for a Friday night.

Although Saturday's wide open.. anyone game for another fire night?

I have this crazy, campy techno song with a whistling bridge stuck in my head, remnants from Saturday's club outing. I saw the only gay man I'd allow to bear my children grooving on the dance floor by his lonesome in his dorky red cardigan and everytime I think about this little pseudo not-gonna-happen crush, I get that song going.

Please, no one else suggest it's 'The Killer's Song' from Kill Bill. It's not.

2 Comments:

Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

Edmonton confuses the hell out of me! You just posted a pic of snow, and now we get these pictures of people without shirts standing comfortably outside?!

Friday, April 21, 2006 at 5:13:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger breepeace said...

Welcome to Alberta... if you don't like the weather, wait another five minutes. :)

Friday, April 21, 2006 at 5:59:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home