I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Wanton Website of the Day

I love Corey and Mike's bad date rescue call system.. it's like a twist on old 'emergency phone call' to break up the hideousness of sitting with someone you can't stand in a place you don't want to be on a night you'd rather be watching Bad 80's movies with Doritos.

Basically, whoever's on the date excuses himself to go to the biffy, texts the other a number on a scale of 1-3 (One being "He's so hot, I'll call you in the morning", Two being "Call me in 20, I might need to get drunk" and Three being "Help, Help, Oh for the love of God, Please Help") and the texted responds.

It took a few times to work the glitches out, especially since Mike had troubles differentiating between 1 and 3, but now I think they have it perfected.

The last time this was tried, Corey went to meet a boy at Tim's in South Edmonton Common. Turns out the poor guy looks very similar to an ogre, and Corey implements the system.

10 minutes later Mike walks in, calls Corey a worthless shit and tells him he needs to come help move the oven, NOW, like he promised earlier.

Those boys crack me up.

But this..This totally cracked me up when I came across it today.

For the low, low price of $35, you too my friend-less friend can have your very own Escape-a-Date service. However.. if you're paying $35 to get some total stranger to call to break up a bad date, chances are you're not really on a date, but you ran out of 900 numbers to call, and you just really wanted to hear a friendly voice.

Not only that, but ever been in a relationship and not had enough balls to even write him/her a Dear John/Jane letter? Nope, neither have I, nor has anyone I know, but this little gem will also help all the emotionally castrated morons out there dump their S.O. as well.

The wonders of technology?

We're all going to hell.

Hey.. it's 4:20!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home