I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, March 31, 2006

The Show: Day One

We got dumped today.
After you've been in this game for as long as I have you start to understand that the best you can ask for out of a young puppy at it's first show is just a good performance. Lincoln was a darling, got over his head-shy quirk, and put on one of the best performances I've ever seen out of a 6 month old puppy. I was very impressed with how well puppy man took everything in stride.

Truly a gem, that kid.

Mercedes, the puppy my dad kept from the litter, never ceases to amaze me in how similar to my old girl, Reba, she is. Not only do I catch myself from calling her Reba, but her mannerisms and 'prima donna' attitude are so identical to my geriatric in her youth, that I know the second place she took today was a subpar placing. She had fun, so I know I did my job, but I still can't help feeling a little down on myself for not helping her take a better placement.

A good first day, though, I suppose.

Cross your fingers for me the rest of the weekend.

Lachlan says he's a good luck charm, and he'll pop by tomorrow on his way to his folks'. Here's to hoping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home