I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Saturday

So the boys (Ross, Adam, Dade, Lachlan) and I made a trip to the waterpark at the mall yesterday. Decided to go between 6 and 9 since the rates are discounted. I mean, not discounted by MUCH, but definitely enough to count. Of course, pile on the $6 fee for lockers and you're getting close to what it would cost for a normal day, but I suppose that would be an incidental anyway.

Had an awesome time playing in the wave pool and on the slides. I vowed to Lachlan that it was to be a 'child at heart' day, so we acted like complete morons for the most part and my cheeks have never hurt from smiling so much. We both agreed it was quite possibly the best date we'd ever been on. Even in spite of Dade's question on what it felt like to know everyone in our house has a crush on him, Lachlan was awesome. We're still trying not to dwell on the impending move, and the argument on why I should move with him came up again, but I still know it's an awful idea.

I also helped Adam move yesterday. Apparently he made a remark about a month ago to his folks about how he was thinking about moving in with his boyfriend, Cory, and they took him seriously. A few days ago, he got home from work to find his possessions packed and ready to be moved into Cory's apartment. While some things were already there, by Friday evening he decided the entire idea was stupid beyond belief considering how he and Cory were so close to dunzo, so we packed up his clothes and DVDs and moved them back to his parents yesterday in his small car. How handy it is to be from a tetris generation.. you can make ANYTHING fit in small spaces with enough brain power.

Tam came over for coffee after we were done, and we had a good visit. She's close to finding a way out of Instahell, especially in light of the fact that Princess Jesse got his job with BMO and walked out on Friday after I finished spending my break talking him out of it. I'm happy to hear that the sane people I used to work with are all making their way into the real world, which doesn't constitute that corporate hell, and having a chance to see what LIFE is like on the other side.

It's damn good, I tell you.. DAMN GOOD.

Bryce from MySpace dropped off my new (to me) Ikea couch yesterday, so I finally have couch that isn't arctic temperatures in the winter, sticky in the summer, and is cuddle worthy. I'll post a picture of Ross and I demonstrating later.

Apparently Hallmark didn't get the hint that I quit last weekend, since I came home to 2 messages from them reminding me about my 5 pm shift. Since I was so obviously trying on swimsuits that best minimized my thighs at that point, it would be pointless to tell you I didn't go. But I am pointless.. and I didn't go. There's a few more messages from my boss in my VM box now, but I don't have the brain capacity or heart to listen to them. Let sleeping dogs lie, and let Bridgit have her weekends OFF.

The boy and I watched 'A History of Violence' last night and it IS as bad as everyone says it is. Maybe worse. I made fun of Viggo Mortenson the entire movie for looking like a senior citizen trying to play a virile middle-ager.. he's so not attractive. And anyone who says otherwise deserves to be committed. Honestly, the guy has no eyebrows. We also created our own pizza from Pizza 73, and who knew Italian Sausage, Chicken, Onion, green pepper, feta cheese and mushrooms would be so damn good together?

I swear.. chlorine is worse than pot for creating the munchies.

Anyway.. enough pointlessness.. I need to get my nails done and Toddler is in town from Red Deer and we should really do coffee since I KNOW I will have no time next weekend to do any such thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"and the argument on why I should move with him came up again"

My words, Corina would love you closer!

Monday, March 27, 2006 at 7:00:00 AM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home