I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

fo·cus

I'm doing it again.. I'm procrastinating instead of doing something I'm fully aware NEEDS to be done.

Times like these I wish I were financially stable enough to just hire a maid and be done with this.

Anyway.. not a good segue for what I'm going to ramble about next, but whatever.

Lachlan and I were talking about careers and our personal lives last night over drinks, and I learned something new about myself..

apparently I lack focus.

I guess my entire life I've strived to be jack of all trades, master of none, and up until this point I think it worked well for me.

Here I am thinking I'm 22 years old with my entire life ahead of me and at least a basic grasp of what I 'want to be when I grow up', and then he blindsides me and tells me that basically.. I am grown up, and now's the time to figure it out.

Fuck.

Who wants reality when you're still grooving on the sheer bliss of indecision?

I have about 6 different career paths pulling me in 6 different directions, I graduated from high school 5 years ago, and the closest thing to formal education that I have is a mixology course. Granted.. it's not the best position to be in, but I never thought it was the worst.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm here under the assumption that 22 is still young enough to be gaining life experience and that my current path is just the right speed, but the people around me view me and someone with ambition but no drive.

Am I flighty?

No wait.. don't answer that.

I'm not. Honestly.

But who wants to dole out money for post-sec to become qualified for a job they discover they despise?

This growing up stuff is overrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home