I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Brokeback got Robbed, Yo!

Well.. Best Motion Picture of the Year goes to Crash, and not the Expert picked Brokeback Mountain (I was going to abbreviate it to BM, and then realized how uncanny that was).

I'll bet there's going to be a lot of pissed off people in Tinseltown tonight, and gay people worldwide, since Michelle Williams got ousted for Best Supporting Actress (by Rachel Weisz, who did do a fantastic job in The Constant Gardener anyway and was deserving), Jakey got bumped for best supporting actor (George Clooney in Syrania.. didn't see it, no comment) and Heath for Best Lead by Philip Seymour Hoffman (hear good things about Capote, so I'll reserve judgement).

But only the nod for Best Picture? *sigh* I liked Crash, but it's difficult to make that decision when you have 2 socially aware films to pick between.. a runner up prize is definitely in the cards.

1 Comments:

Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

We watched Walk the Line tonight after the Oscars. It was pretty good. We chose it to watch over Capote.

BM stands for Black Mage! ...I'm such a geek.

Now you can get to my blog.

Monday, March 6, 2006 at 2:11:00 AM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home