I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, March 13, 2006

And in the evening..

Corey and I overindulged in drinks at the Canadian.

We spent a good hour or two calling random people trying to convince them to come out, and got turned down more than a few times (who honestly believes packing to go to work or playing internet poker by themselves is more fun than US????) and finally convinced Dade to come visit us.

After about 5 cocktails (Bartender's Root Beer for C, Grasshopper's for Moi) he finally showed up and played a round of pool with us.

Anyone that knows me well knows how awful I am at billiards, and that usually I can pull off one really nice shot to redeem myself.

Made that shot and then Dade won.

Now I have to work in 10 hours, which doesn't SEEM too bad, but Lord knows it's going to hurt.

And at that.. I'm out.

2 Comments:

Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

My friends and I played pool at one's house on Sunday. More than half the games were lost by scratching off the 8-ball, but it was fun. Apparently I miss all easy shots and somehow usually get a ball in a different corner than you'd think it would want to go.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 at 1:56:00 AM PST

 
Blogger Quirky Cori said...

I have that same problem! I get these ridiculously hard shots and then can't get the ones that seem so easy. I think every pool cue that I've ever used gets bent whenever I try to make a straight easy shot.

Darn the evil pool gods!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 at 6:23:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home