I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Preps for Cookoff: Day 1

Ross and I have been arguing lately about who can outcook whom. Although I'll admit Ross can make some awesome meals, I think I know my way around the kitchen.. well, most of the time.

I've got a trick up my sleeve.

It's 3 in the morning and I just finished julienning carrots and handcrushing peanuts for a satay sauce. Oooh yeah, a challenge with Bridgit is one to be taken seriously.

I ate Vietnamese for lunch today (well, yesterday), and I think tomorrow for lunch, I'm going to prepare a semi-traditional Vietnamese 'bun' -- absolutely NOT in the Western sense.

A bun is a cold rice vermicelli salad with vegetables and a small amount of meat added as almost an garnish.

I've got my steak marinating in a garlic, peanut and coriander marinade and I prepped Garlic and Chili infused oil as a condiment in addition to the satay I need to finish in the morning.

Wish me luck! :)

Hopefully I can beat the Beef Vindaloo from a few weeks back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home