I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Messenger 8.0 BETA is the Devil

So on the advice of a slightly more than computer literate friend of mine, I downloaded the Windows Live Messenger 8.0 BETA. The program is currently only invite only, but I HIGHLY suggest you don't accept any invitations you recieve to test this program. I realize that BETA means it's still in test mode, but this awful program had so many glitches and undesirable traits that I'm not even sure I'd try it again if it were released.

I don't know if it's a glitch, or an actual part of the program, but EVERY email address in my hotmail account and EVERY person I've EVER added to MSN was on my list. That brought me to a grand total of over 500 contacts! I didn't even think MSN allowed 500 contacts!

Let's put it this way, I've had MSN and my original hotmail account since I was 13-14.. being 22 now, that's 8-9 years worth of ex-boyfriends, ex-friends, men I've met online and blocked and deleted after one conversation, defunct email accounts and people I said 'Hi' to once 4 years ago.

I had Corey listed 12 times! Granted, the guy changes his email address (and his cell phone number) more often than some people change socks, but that's a bit insane.

I had my first serious boyfriend, with his first email address ever on there (pray to God he still doesn't use it.. Bongzilla_69_247 is slightly juvenile for a 22 year old guy to still be using).

To boot, they're all added and unblocked again, as it would appear. Simply awful!

Top all that off with the HUGE amount of MBs worth of RAM usage the stupid thing needs, and I'm so dreadfully unhappy I decided to do this when I got home.

The only two options I really enjoy are search bar for contacts (esp. since I've more than doubled my original contact list size now!) and the option to turn free Virus scanning on for file transfers.

Anyway, Rossy and I spent the latter portion of the day walking around Westmount and West Edmonton Mall's dropping off resumes. I think we fared pretty well, he only dropped off about 15 whereas I went all out and did about twice as many.

I have an interview/personality test tomorrow at 6 for a part-time position in a shoe store. Yay.. shoes!

And I start the temp job training on Friday. Yay.. money!

So I'm sort of hoping with the combination of those, I can get a few things caught up since I got a nasty sort of letter from ATCO today telling me that since I'm having trouble meeting my financial obligations it's possible they'll assess a security deposit on the account I've had for a year and a half with them. Tell me how THAT makes sense?

This grownup stuff sucks! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home