I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Current Events

I must be really behind on current events. Front page of the Journal today sports a headline "High-speed rail to Calgary back on the table". I didn't even realize that they ever planned to implement a train going from Edmonton to Calgary and vice versa. Apparently in March, they'll pick a firm to complete the market demand study, which means by late April-March, many Albertans will be given a chance to say their piece on what they think of it.

If it turns out to be feasible, and affordable, I'm game. Will make going to the GOOD Cowboys on weekends easier for me. :)

Canada won another medal, this time a Silver in the two-man bobsled. Pierre Leudes is from Edmonton, and Lascelles Brown is from Calgary. There's reason enough to link the two by high-speed transit.. let's let the animosity and rivalry between these two cities die already.

I tried desperately to sleep in this morning, but between Lincoln desperately pawing my face when he heard me stirring, and the throbbing bass above my head from the movie Corey fell asleep to, I didn't really have much of a choice.

It's not working out to be an up and at 'em morning, unfortunately. Remember the beautiful Alberta weather I raved about yesterday?

Snow today. What'd I tell ya?

As much as the canines seem to be enjoying the white stuff, I'm stuck on waiting for the next weather change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home