I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Aching Feet, Canadian Idol, et al

I started my part-time job today. Wasn't sure what the bus schedule was going to be like on a Saturday morning to West Ed so I drug my ass out of bed extra early to ensure I'd make it. As it turned out, not only did I make it, but I was an hour and a half early.

I wandered around for a bit, grabbed a cup of mango passionfruit tea and watched kids playing hockey at the rink. Y'know, up until recently, I couldn't be bothered to sit and watch this game, but watching the kids going hard was so flippin' cute I couldn't just walk past them without a glance, so I ended up watching the remainder of the game that was on. Cute coaches help, too.

I decided something today. I really like shopping. Really, Really like shopping.

But up until my financial position becomes more secure, I really ought to tone it down. Really, Really have to tone it down.

I hadn't budgeted for new pillows, a blazer or anything else I bought. In fact, my budget included enough for bus fare and a cup o' tea. Not even the muffin I had for breakfast or the McChicken I had for lunch.

And definitely not for the journal I bought because I missed blogging this morning.

Do you think this means I have an addictive personality?

Y'know, because I CANNOT enter the mall and not buy something (even with spare change, can still manage one of those hilarious magnets from Millenium), or needing a journal, because I missed my online one for 9 hours today??

I concur. I'm addicted. Heavily.

West Ed was having the Canadian Idol auditions today. Mall was jam packed. Amazing how many people are willing to embarrass themselves just to have a shot at stardom. I personally think celebrity would suck. Look at Britney Spears.

I stopped by the auditions on my break to satisfy my curiousity, but alas, all I saw was heavily made up teenage girls with numbers pinned to their shirts, either practising yodeling or passed out on their backpacks waiting their turn.

Also saw a few cute boys that Corey and Ross might like, namely, definitely queens. Wonder if their girlfriends (the one's holding their hands) know, yet? I do. The secret's out, boys.

First day went well, anyway. My feet are killing me. Wish I'd had enough foresight this morning to remember that retail has you standing on your feet the entire shift, and that platforms (or stilettos, or any footwear worn for fashion as opposed to comfort) is DEFINITELY out.

My boss was amazed at how quickly I picked everything up. 10 minutes on the floor, and she's in back helping a customer, while there's a lineup developing at the till. I happily start ringing things in, and she comes running over.

What are you doing?

Ringing these in.

Do you know how???


Yes honey, I have worked retail, remember? It's a little mindless compared to my last job.

And I did tell her I was quick study.

Should also mention, this IS NOT the shoe retail job I may have mentioned to some of you. That went the way of the Dodo when I heard the words 'minimum wage'.

Anyway, two days off, and then an extra long day on Tuesday. I work at 10am at CIBC, and then start at 5 at the mall. Should have bought some good shoes today.

BTW.. anyone want a solid investment idea? West Edmonton Mall has no flower shop.. buy a franchised flower shop and pop a store in there, whydontcha? Makes sense. Biggest mall in the world, and no damn flower shop. Or don't. I can sell a ton of silk flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home