I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

So Tired.. No more Social Butterfly

So yesterday I got back from a great interview at CIBC downtown, and Ross asks if I would mind backing him up to go meet some girl he evidently met in the bathroom at Buddy's and her friend who he's been talking to online.

God knows I have nothing more spectacular going on in my life than sitting at home watching a re-run of Sex and the City with popcorn, so I'm definitely game.

We catch a bus downtown, grab cappuccinos at Starbucks, and just enjoy a Ross and Bridgit night.

The girl we were going to meet, Shelby, has this really great apartment just off downtown in Oliver Square, and apparently, was making us spaghetti.

She's a sweetheart. The sort of girl who seems to be friends with everyone, and I definitely think she's one-upped me in the queen of the 'fruit flies' department. Gay men seemed to parade in and out of that apartment as if it were their own.

I felt bad, but really stuck around long enough to have a cocktail and a plate of food and then left Ross to fend for himself.

Got back to the house, and Brendan, a guy Corey and I know from Dawson, is here. I guess he's buying a truck off of the dealership Corey works at, and is just waiting for financing to go through.

I know how Corey is when he has company, though, he plays with his technology, and really just seems to enjoy people being around him while he chats online or texts people on his Blackberry.

I couldn't leave Brendan to fend for himself, so I stuck around.

At about 1:30, Craig calls us from the airport and says he's on the way to our place to pick up his truck.

Just another reason to stay up.

He and Missy get here, and the 5 of us argue for a good hour on the merits of why they should sleep and leave in the morning, rather than leaving right away.

Corey's meanwhile (go figure) on the phone with Mike, trying to convince HIM on why it's a good idea to drive across the city to come visit.

I think my night gets a little foggy after that.

I know Craig and Missy won the argument and left at about 3.. and I do remember dragging my ass downstairs at 4, but other than that. Ugh..

I'm not cut out for this social shite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home