I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

My Must Sees

So Wayne and I went to 'Flight Plan' last night at the cheap theatres, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

Jodie Foster is a wonderful, emotional actress, and she certainly did this part justice.

Synopsis of the movie is basically that Jodie's character has recently lost her husband, who we find out, apparently 'fell' off the roof of their apartment building in Germany. His death is deemed a suicide, by all but her character, who believes it was an accident or conspiracy of sorts.

To pick up the pieces of their lives, her daughter and her fly to America to live with her parents and to bury her deceased husband.

Panic ensues when Foster's character wakes up, part-way through the flight and discovers her 6 year old daughter missing.

Then, when none of the passengers or staff will admit to ever seeing the small child, or believing she was even on the plane, she finds herself at odds with the crew, fellow passengers and her own sanity.

I could guess at a few of the twists, but I've always been fairly good at recognizing foreshadowing, and the movie was definitely worth the $3.50 admission we paid at the cheap theatre.

If you have a cheap theatre near you.. go see!

Yes.. I'm still unemployed, and after Wayne's $800 afternoon visit with his lawyer to finalize the details for his new business, he's not exactly in a great place, financially either.

On a good note, however.. I had a marvelous interview this morning with the HR guy from the Brick's Corporate office. I'm very optimistic, and hopeful on this front as the job is pretty much my dream job, entailing full, very busy and varied days and a comparable salary to what I was making at Instaloans, with none of the morality issues of the aforementioned. Cross your fingers for me!

Anywho...

I've got a few movies in the upcoming month that I am DYING to see!

My two 'rain-beaus' (aka gay boyfriends) have now both gone to see 'Brokeback Mountain' WITHOUT ME, to my extreme chagrin.

I would have loved to go with Corey and Gunner the night they went (beats feeling like a third wheel with Mike and Ross who are still in the 'formation' stages of their relationship, ie. MAY MAKE OUT IN THEATRE!), but after dragging Wayne out to the gay club on Friday I didn't have the heart to keep bombarding him with 'homo-culture', so have now resigned myself to attending alone. With jujubes and licorice.

The trailer just gives me goosebumps, and no, contrary to what may be going through your heads, it has nothing to do with the two eye-candy headliners (although Jake Gyllenhaal does have absolutely STUNNING eyes!). The story just moves me.. it's a little more universal to me than a 'gay cowboy movie'.. it's about love thwarted. That gets me way down.. well, you know... I'm a chick.. so sue me!

Oh yes... and Mike has now dubbed me 'Queen of the Fag-Hags' because I now reside with two gay men. Yay! Crowns!

Also -- 'Memoirs of a Geisha' looks quite good, and as I read the book and was a big fan of it, I'd love to see how they transformed it to film. I'll be waiting. Inevitably another movie I'll end up seeing by my lonesome, though. :(

And finally.. 'Eight Below'. And hell.. you know nothing about me if you can't understand why I'd want to see this cheesy Paul Walker/Disney movie. Dogs, baby, Dogs!

I'm going to drive Wayne nuts with my "I Know that dog, and that dog and that dog", because, well, I do.

I know 3 of the dogs acting in that movie, and hey, animals can be celebrities, too!

Let's face it.. the dog fancy circles just aren't THAT BIG. Especially with Siberian Huskies starring in the movie!

*sigh* Who's a moron?

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Quirky Cori said...

Ah sweetie, I'd love to go see Brokeback Mountain. James refuses to see it for fear that he'll be deemed gay by watching it, but like you, I really appreciate the story. I've heard nothing but good things and I really want to see it. Darn you for living two provinces away!

Luvs!

Friday, January 13, 2006 at 3:29:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home