I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My Fur Covered Alarm Clock

So being that Corey and I both had it stuck in our fat noggins that Craig and Missy were back from the Dominican last night and thus would need to come pick up the truck and perhaps grab a few hours of sleep to recover from the inevitable jet-lag, I waited until about 3 am for the phone call.

Ross and I watched an episode or two of 'Dead like Me', but mostly I smoked and made sure the phone was still working.

Nada in the way of phone calls, so I went downstairs and watched a few cartoons before promptly passing out, TV still on.

I woke up this morning, after a particularly vivid and strange pirate dream, to realize the TV in my room was still turned to the Cartoon Network, switched it off and prepared to fall back to sleep.

No such luck.

Lincoln, who had been in his crate since late last night, when he wouldn't leave Steve alone to do some electrical work, had evidently been accustomed to the sound of the TV. Smart puppy has realized that the sound abruptly ending means that Mom is up in some capacity, even if she's only groggily pulling herself to the end of the bed to grope for the remote.

Screams ensue.

Now, Siberians aren't a breed known for barking. In fact, Summer generally only vocalizes when she's happy to see someone or scared for my safety. Strangely, the sounds she makes for either sound eerily alike, but never mind.

Lincoln, on the other hand, vocalizes ALL THE TIME. On the weekends when Wayne is here, he woos good morning, and then sits by the door and 'sings' at Wayne, hoping the cute gurgling sounds he's making are enough to either entice or annoy you to let him outside before Summer.

He also woos when he wants breakfast.

He woos when he wants a cookie.

And he woos when he wants supper.

Everything else merits a scream.

He screams when Summer takes his chewy away.

He screams when he's got to go, NOW.

He screams when someone locks him away so he won't be such a nuisance. Poor dear.. we just haven't learned yet.

And he certainly screams when Mom doesn't cater to his every desire/need/whim/request RIGHT NOW.

I fear I've raised a rather spoiled puppy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home