I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Turn the Page

Wow.. today is my final day at a job I've devoted my entire professional being to for the past year and a half. I've been with this job through the entirety of this blog, since I moved into this house and through 2 failed relationships, and as much as I'm excited to be done, I still feel a little let down and sentimental about saying the goodbye. People were calling me all day yesterday, telling me to stay in touch, and wondering if there was any particular reason I'm leaving. It almost makes me wonder if no one ever just quits this company on good terms and just needs a change.

I know a lot of people think I'm nuts for not having something else lined up before I quit, but in truth, it doesn't bug me in the least. As long as rent gets paid and I have ample food for myself and the 'furchildren', I'm certain everything will be ok. And honestly, I think it actually makes a whole lot of sense for me, because for the past 2 weeks I've been excited about 3 things:
  1. Corey coming home
  2. My final day of work
  3. Going home to see my family

Now Corey's home, my final day of work is today and tomorrow I get to see my family.. what incentive do I even have for coming home?

And now, I'm procrastinating instead of finishing laundry and packing like I promised Wayne I would. I should... have another coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home