I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Providing a Service...

doesn't make me a servant.

We're all consumers, but I don't think everyone has worked in the service industry, but for those lame-ass customers who HAVE, grab a brain! You know what it's like!

If I appear closed, and I appear to be closing, then I'm probably closed. Just because I haven't locked the door yet doesn't make me open for business still.

Telling me that you know it won't take long, doesn't make me want to help you out after hours any more than I already did. In fact, it probably hurts your chances of me doing you a favor.

Are you doing my job? No, you aren't, because if you were then you'd know that you walking in my door 16 minutes after closing time, and acting like a jerk because I won't help you is not only extremely disrespectful, but also stupid on your part.

Put yourself in my shoes.. if you were working in customer service, and someone walked in your door while you're in the middle of cashout and required something that would take an additional 1/2 an hour of your time, would you want to help them? Additionally, would you want to help them if they act as if they know your job description better than you do?

On another note.. what part of 'Company Policy' do people not understand? You can stand and scream at me, the front line staff, because you feel our policies are unfair and impractical and you can be sure I'll march out the front door as soon as my shift is over and give the suits who write my (meager) paycheque a piece of my mind in your honor.

Natch. I'll probably make the new guy deal with you the next time.. y'know.. the one who is agonizingly slow and DUMB.

Write a letter, make a phone call, but yelling at me, you're likely going to regret when you now have to go completely out of your way to a different location because you embarrased yourself by being a hothead.

And.. patience is a virtue, people, have it if you can. I am one person, I promise. Huffing, puffing and glaring in my direction doesn't ensure that I'll leave the customer ahead of you, or drop what I'm in the middle of doing to help you. I greeted you when you walked in, I know you're there!

If you are incapable of waiting 2 minutes for service when everyone is busy, why do you insist on coming during peak periods?

Whew.. rant ended.

Bad day at work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

great rant... too bad it will go in one ear and out the other to the people it is intended to sway...

I hear ya!

Friday, December 2, 2005 at 1:20:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home