I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Ow, Ow, Ow

I don't know how I did it but somehow I feel asleep last night with my jaw in a perma-clench. Maybe it's the stress of not being AS done my Christmas shopping as I'd formerly hoped, or stressing about work, my final paycheque not being big enough for everything to be covered, but in any case, I woke up this morning with a severe case of 'lock-jaw'.

It took my about an hour this morning of working my jaw open so that I could form legible sentences, as opposed to the grunts my dogs received prior to work.

The day wasn't so bad, although the burger I had for lunch took me an inordinate amount of time to eat (she who usually ravages food like a starving Ethiopian), but then I got home.

Things weren't so bad for the first bit, but by about 10 I was tired, and ready for bed. I slathered on some Extra Strength anbesol and crawled into bed with a book. 2 hours later, I crawled OUT of bed and to the phone.

I called Corey, who was in Nisku visiting a friend, to see if he was going to be home soon to make a quickie run to a 7/11 for some Tylenols since I have NOTHING in my house.

Yes.. I am the Queen of 'No drugs' -- I suffer through migraines, do hot compresses for sore muscles and aches, but RARELY pop a painkiller. So you've got to know this is a doozy.

He informs me he's still in Nisku, almost 45 minutes away, but tells me he might have something in his room. He directs me to his cabinet where he tells me to look for a small prescription bottle.

So do I take one?

No, no.. don't take those, they'll kill you, see the other bottle with only 2 pills?

One of those.

Ummm, no. Those might kill you, too.
Charming.

Anywho.. it turns out the boys on the rig tapped his source of regular not-going-to-kill me meds, so I wander the house looking for something, anything to solve this pain. I think, at this point, I should have an emergency stash of dope hidden someplace just for opportunities when it doesn't seem dumb for me to get stoned.

Then I spot it. Remnants from when DHW and the boys were here.. a small bottle of children's tylenol. Laugh if you will, but remember, desperate times call for desperate measures.

So here I sit, drinking Bailey's and smoking like a bandit waiting for the bubblegum goodness to sink in. And I pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home