I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

On Sunday...

I sit here at my desk looking around at the branch I've basically called home for the last 7 months and it's hard to believe that today is my last day here. Call me a sentimentalist, whatever, the fact is I grow connections to everything in my life, and I hate goodbyes. Even to the branch that always smells like Subway, with the hanging sign that is bound and determined to decapitate each and every employee walking into the staff room.

I'll miss the fights 'Pumpkin' and I have had about what radio station to listen to (every weekend I was here, I switched to the modern rock Station Sonic, and he was an avid 96X pop music listener).

I'll miss Tammy talking to herself in the corner like madwoman, not realizing that Kyle and I have gone silent and are now raising our eyebrows in uncertainty of whether or not today is the day to commit her.

I'll miss my Tim Horton's ladies and the fact that there were 3 of them who looked astounded if I ordered anything other than an Extra large coffee.

I think I'll even miss handing my empty Red Bull cans to the alley bums, just so they could do something besides ask to bum my cigarettes.

I know Emilia and Abra will both be awesome people to work with, but I'm still apprehensive.

Hell, Tammy and I shared a house together. It's hard not to grow connections to someone when you've seen them at 8 in the morning with bad hair, glaring at the cappucino maker and wondering why it's not more instant. I'll always remember laughing at the idiots on Blind Date when we were both supposed to be sleeping, and our 80's fashion show for the guys.

And Kyle.. I think Tam and I both had apprehensions that anyone else could ever fill Princess' flaming gay shoes, but Kyle became the happy medium in the branch. Goofy enough to get my obscure Family Guy references, but hardworking enough for things to get done around here.

I think they're both going to be mildly upset that I'm taking 6 of my best clientele to their competition, but I'm not sure I could cope without Ron coming in every weekend with my mid-afternoon coffee, going 'Mornin' Smilie, I brought java!', or mildly neurotic Anna worrying that she's going to be an old lady eating dinner at Denny's by herself on Christmas Eve.

Well.. cheers to one chapter ending and another beginning.

And Corey informs me there's only 11 days until he comes home from work again! YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home