I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Fiction Bible

No, this isn't going to be a long drawn out explanation on why I think the Bible is just a wonderfully bound novel revered the world around. Although I sort of do.

It's amazing growing up in the Catholic faith. Catholicism is a religion, which I've realized in recent years, is based on the idea of idols. The Catholic church, the crucifix, and the aforementioned book often called 'The Word of God'.

All man-made.

I've come to the consensus recently that I could not be classified as a religious person, but am in fact, just spiritual. I can believe in the idea of a Supreme Being, Holy Entity or even Multiple Deities, because I see the conscious patterns and structures in the natural beauty everywhere in the world that makes me realize it was no accident.

That's enough to make me a believer.

But I can't believe in something that reveres and worships brick and mortar, and it's representation, instead of the everyday beauty and miracles that surround us.

Has anyone ever looked closely at a flower or a single snowflake and been amazed by how deliberately the patterns are made and how beautiful and seamless the entirety of it's creation is?? Or am I the only one?

I also can't practice a religion which I find has the most rigid of dogma's and shoves it down the throat of willing participants the world 'round every Sunday?

Can I accept a religion which asks you to accept and revere the beauty God has created in the world, but one which pegs you with the stigma of following a 'pagan' lifestyle of you prefer to revere this in it's natural surrounding rather than in 'the house of God'?

I don't want to start out a long drawn out debate on this subject quite yet. Unless you bring beer -- I can argue quite efficiently when pleasantly inebriated.

But here's some more food for thought to back up my belief in the possibility of multiple deities, as opposed to one true 'GOD'.. why are Western Christianity based religions the only religions which believe in only one Supreme Being, while historically, religions around the World have worshipped more than one God or Goddess for different seasons and different reasons?

Is it no mistake that the ideal modern day image of 'God' oft displayed in religious/historical texts and many of our minds bears an uncanny resemblance to another 'God' throughout the history of these many polytheistic religions?

Could it be that we often picture the primary God of the Greek pantheon himself-- Zeus?



God - 'Creation of the Heavens' - Michelangelo


Depiction of Zeus and Goddess Hera.

Flamesuit On


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home