I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Candy Cane Lane, et al

So I put in my notice at work yesterday, and I'm not even sure how to summarize how relieved and yet how nervous it all makes me. Maybe after the barrage of resumes I sent, and the phone calls I received back, that was as good as my job-finding luck will get. Maybe I'll end up grasping at straws looking for something (ANYTHING) to pay my bills and rent. Hey, there's a Mickey D's within walking distance...

I'm not sure how everyone has taken it yet. I just got transferred to a new branch, and my new manager and my Regional have both been nothing but civil since I made that phone call last night, but apparently right after I dropped my resignation, my Regional called Tammy and wanted to know if she knew.

I don't really care, though. I need something more stable, less catch-phrase of the day, something mature. I know that sounds silly for someone with no formal education to say, but honestly, I'm worthy, dammit!

Ryan called tonight and wanted to know if the dogs and I wanted to hit up candy cane lane, so we went for a nice little 20 block walk to go see the lit-up houses. It was nice, but I'm going to agree with his friend, Bonnie -- it just doesn't seem the same without snow.

It's warmed up to a +20 over the past few days -- just my luck.. I'm working.

So anyway, if I had a nickel for everytime someone asked me if Summer was a puppy, because 'aren't Siberian Huskies supposed to be bigger?' or if Lincoln was a purebred because 'Aren't purebred Huskies supposed to have both eyes the same color?' I'd have enough to, well, buy a new pair of socks, but hey, still a lot of nickels!

Linc got really tired after about 8 blocks, but he was being a trooper through and through, and Summer developed a crush on a Malamute Cross male that was walking in front of us for a few blocks, so I think the kids had fun. Me? I'm just freaking tired.

Pax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home