I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Winter and Such

Winter is here, folks.

I closed a tad early tonight in hopes that I could catch the early bus, but alas, I missed it be mere seconds.

Rather than staying outside in the bitter weather for 15 minutes, I opted to grab something warm from Tim's, but once I got back outside, wasn't sure whether it was the cup giving off sufficient warmth for my hand or whether I'd just dumped hot coffee on myself. Turns out it was the latter, and for anyone familiar with the lava-like temperature their coffee is, I think this speaks for itself.

What is up with people losing their minds once the temperature drops subzero?

On the way to work, my bus driver turned down the street heading back towards my place, instead of continuing on down Stony Plain Rd. and didn't realize his error until a little elderly lady stood up to point it out. Slamming on his brakes, the poor thing just about took a headlong dive out the windshield. Once he got back on Stony, he zipped right past 3 people standing at the busstop without even a second glance.

I think the vast majority of us really WANTED to say something, but I realize apathy is abundant in the city especially when everyone is concerned with their own personal time schedules.

And waiting for the bus this evening.. I see it turn the corner to head towards me at about the same time I really conversationally involved couple walks past me. As it pulls over at the stop a block down, they quickly race to catch it there instead of turning around and patiently waiting for it at the bus stop they'd just passed.

So there I stood, in the cold, with my coffee waiting for the bus that just waited for these two brainless morons to reach that stop.

I'm not bitter though, I'm actually in a great mood. I have ABBA playing, my Christmas tree is decorated, Lincoln is running around with a jingle bell collar and I have pasta boiling on the stove. Life is good, except I think I'm coming down with something.

'Tis the season.. tra la la la.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home