I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

What's Up with me? I might ask you the same.




So last Saturday reigned supreme as the day marking the welcoming of my 22nd year. We all got dressed up in our Halloween finery and made way to Santannas for alcohol, dancing and really bad pickup lines. Krista blew me off with no explanation (and is apparently still holding the cold shoulder routine, although I'm confused as to why), so it was Ryan, Wayne, Tam, Corey and I.




I was a Substitute teacher, Tam a very tongue in cheek version of a Cereal (Serial) Killer, Ryan an Attack Dog trainer, Corey.. umm.. a gigantic dick (sorry Tam... it's fitting) and Wayne was Reptile from Mortal Kombat. Good times, and thankfully Wayne, Corey, Ryan and I were feeling no ill effects in the morning. The same could not be said for my fearless Leader who braved the trek to worship the Porcelain Gods.. All Night.

Poor thing.

And of course Saturday marked the day Tammy took possession of her new apartment in West Edmonton Village, despite Corey's remarks on the condition of the apartment and me dropping hints she and Jeremy could stay AS LONG AS THEY WANTED.

I miss Tam and Jer.

Got a new roommate though. His name is Frank and he hails from Sudbury originally, although has been living with his best friend and his girlfriend since February here in E town. Seems like a nice enough guy, and is actually willing to share personal background, so it looks promising. Although he took the TV and a cable connection in his room, so I'm not sure how much I'll see of him in upcoming days.

Fair enough though.. since Phil was a dear and fixed my machine for me a few days back, I've spent copious amounts of time online fiddling around and chatting with people, so I've not been great company either. Summer's starting to get the 'Mom-you're-neglecting-me' look again. Oh yeah.. and the cat has worms.. just had to throw that out there. ;) Anyway.. Frank seems like a decent fella, although he seems to enjoy his nightcaps, and knowing me, I never need much of a reason to enjoy one as well. Could pan out to be a bad thing knowing how addictive my personality is. Ahhh.. foreboding.

I'm really looking forward to Friday though, since I know he'll be heading Clareview-ish to go visit his buddy and get stoned. Likely on some of that class B Albertan cornfields weed that people here always call BC pot. Not that I'm becoming chronic again or anything like that... I just know how horribly not-BC this green really is, hailing from the Beautiful province myself.

A little giggle this morning when I missed my bus stop on Stony Plain and wandered down a back alley towards work. I passed the apartment block I've recently dubbed 'The Hole' for the vast amounts of our deadbeat, non-paying welfare clients it houses and see my ex-roommate Alex cleaning out the backseat of his Probe inside the fenced in parking area underneath it.

Moving up in the world, huh, Al? Good on ya buddy! Loser.

So as I mentioned I have a fully functioning PC and internet access again.. no more worrying about who at work will find out how often I blog and/or chat on company time (although Kyle's still ever so grateful for the Kool Aid, I know he'll never tell).

Wayne's been awesome as of late.. and I think he's really worried about what's happening between the two of us. Although I wish he'd stop... worrying is MY job, and no one should deprive me of my role. ;)

Things are good, though.. nice, lowkey and there's no pressure, which seems to be working brilliantly for us. I'm excited.. I need friends, but I don't need a boyfriend, although it's nice to have someone around for *ahem* 'companionship'.

Anywhoos.. I promised myself I'd call this an early night, since my buddy Corey from DC is thinking about moving to Edmonton and needs some assistance finding a place to live, and I figure the am is about the best time to talk to people. I need more hours in a day.. I think 28 or so would suffice. That's what I want for Christmas.

'Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home