I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What NOT to do in an interview

So I had an interview yesterday that I think I might have mentioned. I didn't go into much detail but suffice it to say that by the time I made it in to the office of the HR girl I had completely made up my mind what a complete waste of time this was. Except I really did need to go downtown to renew my pet licenses, and get a new tag for Onye.

Anyway.. herein are the reasons why I think she dropped my resume in the trash:

I told her one of my biggest qualities is that I take too much on myself, and also consider that one of my biggest drawbacks, as I stared outside the window. When she responded (in a voice very stereotypically chipper and HR girl-ish), 'That was the next question I was going to ask'. I muttered, 'Yeah, it's not my first dance, I'm not exactly new at this', and then told her my second biggest quality is that I'm a very positive person and can always see the the 'upbeat, err, optimistic side of things' and then raised my eyebrown and glared at Tyler, who was leaning against the doorframe, with a big grin on his face.

Tyler also mentioned I dated his roommate, I assume the HR girl realizes the roommate is Joel, the man who quit Garda because he hated their policies.

And the final reason I believe she garbaged my C.V. as soon as I was out of sight:
On the application under, 'What interests you most about this position?', I wrote, "I don't remember applying for it, that's interesting".

She said she'd keep my resume on file, and I told her I'd still be interested in a part time dispatch position on evenings and weekends. I figured they were both big enough lies to counteract each other.

Oh, the joys of being proactive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home